How can I clean my Zafu or Zabuton?
It is our honor to make the cushions that will accompany you on your spiritual journey. Your DharmaCrafts cushions were made in our own workshop in Lawrence, Massachusetts by a small, dedicated staff of trained craftspeople. Made from premium materials, with double-stitched seams and careful assembly, you can expect your cushions to last a lifetime (or two!).
Cushion Care Instructions
- Zippered covers are washable! Remove zippered cover.
- The inner shell that holds the buckwheat hulls or cotton batting, is NOT washable. Buckwheat hulls and cotton batting should not get wet.
- Our kapok filled cushions do not have a zippered cover but can be "spot" cleaned.
- Machine wash zippered covers separately in COLD water, gentle cycle.
- Be sure NOT to overload washing machine. Allow enough space for the water to circulate evenly among the covers, ensuring that they will look as good after washing as they did when they were new!
- Hang covers to dry. Do NOT use dryer. Cotton will shrink in dryer.
- Iron on cotton setting.
- Environmentally friendly dry-cleaning is also recommended!
- As with all fine fabrics, avoid direct sunlight. All fabrics will fade over time.