Immediate Opening for:
E-Commerce Marketing & Customer Service Assistant
for the busy holiday season & beyond
PART-TIME, TEMP to
Monday – Friday
DharmaCrafts is the leading retailer and supplier of products and materials related to Buddhist and mindfulness meditation. Since 1979, we have provided our customers with the highest quality meditation supplies and Asian home furnishings to support their spiritual practice and inspire their everyday life.
As a key member of our small (6-7 person) staff, you will have the opportunity to use your current skills and learn new skills in the areas of: email marketing, customer service, e-commerce, social media, and print catalog production. You will have the opportunity to work with our president, professional catalog photographers & stylists, our web developer, and online marketing manager. In short -- you will see it all, from soup to nuts! This “temp to perm” position will begin during our busy holiday when you will learn about our brand, products, and procedures by providing warm and helpful customer service via phone and email. Beginning in January, in addition to customer service (always your first priority), your role will expand to include:
- Email marketing: Code Photoshop email mock-ups in HTML/Dreamweaver, upload email into Bronto (ESP), test, and schedule email campaigns.
- Social Media: Coordinate, boost, and expand our social media presence (current: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube; will add: Instagram & blog); create plan and schedule and post content including shoot & edit short videos.
- Website: Learn and help launch our new website using MIVA 9; prepare/resize images in Photoshop; design and create content for online promotions and learning resources.
- Print Catalog: Request and log new sample products; catalog new products using MS Access database; assist in coordinating catalog photoshoot and editing process.
This is a part-time, hourly, “temporary to permanent” position. Hours through December: 25-40/wk, within our M-F, 9-5 workday).
Beginning in January: 25-30 hours/wk.
Qualifications & Qualities you will possess:
- Ability to provide skillful, friendly customer service; must work well under pressure and be a team player with strong organizational and project management skills
- Creative and forward thinking
- Strong writing, editing, and proof-reading skills
- Strong aptitude and comfort for learning new software
- Priority given to those who practice Buddhist meditation and/or have an interest in mindfulness meditation, yoga, Buddhism;
- Must have a passion for engaging with our community via phone, email, and social media.
- 1-2 years online marketing and/or email marketing and/or social media management and/or e-commerce marketing helpful.
- Experience using MS Word/Excel/Access, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and/or HTML.
- Some background using Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, & Facebook -- in a business setting.
- Strong desire to
read, listen, and learn about Buddhism and Buddhist and mindfulness meditation.
- Must have a desire/passion (!) to learn order fulfillment software, ecommerce software (Miva 9), Word Press, Bronto (ESP) and other social media platforms.
- Adobe Premiere or other video editing software, Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, CSS
Benefits: This position begins as a temporary position and if you’re the right fit you will move to permanent part-time position in January and receive vacation, holiday, and sick pay.
Conveniently located close to routes 93 and 495; just a 35 minute drive from Medford/Somerville/Lexington. Easy/free parking, great employee discount on all of our products; casual and friendly environment. We're located in a very cool, renovated mill building that buzzes with activity; it's next to the Essex Arts Center and 1 block from the New Balance Factory Outlet.
To Apply, send us a note and your résumé to:
Email: Resumes(at)dharmacrafts.com: marketing & customer service assistant
in the subject line.
Fax: 978-620-1352 Equal opportunity employer. Visit
us at: www.dharmacrafts.com
Immediate Opening for:
in our Warehouse in Lawrence, MA
Monday – Friday, 9am
DharmaCrafts is the leading retailer of products and
materials related to Buddhism and mindfulness meditation. For over 35 years we
have provided our customers with the highest quality meditation supplies to
support their spiritual practice and inspire their everyday life. We ship
orders throughout the U.S. and the world.
DharmaCrafts is seeking a mindful, detailed oriented, team
player to accurately pick orders, pack boxes, and ship outgoing orders during
our busy holiday season. You will be a key member of a 2-3 person team in our
small warehouse and your efforts will be crucial toward making our customers
- Basic computer (Windows)
literacy, including accurate keyboard skills
- Knowledge of UPS Worldship and/or
Endicia and warehouse experience –
- Attention to detail – a must!!
- Must work well under pressure, be
friendly, and be a team player
- Desire to learn how to use our
order fulfillment software necessary.
- Lift products up to 75 lbs; move
products up to 250 lbs. and stand on your feet all day.
- Must be available through
December 31, 2015.
- This is a temporary position
with possible part-time hours available in spring,
Please send cover letter, résumé (if you have one):
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: Seasonal Shipping
Phone 978 620 1351 Fax: 978 620 1352
Human Resources, DharmaCrafts, 60 Island Street, Lawrence, MA 01840
Equal opportunity employer.